Dinner for Two I
Filet Mignon with Garlic, Parsley &
Red Wine – Coca Tea Demi-Glace
Recipe by : Mrs. Candelaria Colque (Bolivia)
16 ounce Filet mignon
1 Tablespoon Shallots, diced fine
2 Teaspoon Garlic chopped fine
2 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
4 Bags Coca Tea
2 ounce Butter
1 ounce oil (canola , sunflower,etc)
1 cup Portobello mushrooms
1 cup Red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot)
1/2 cup Veal stock
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the filet with salt and pepper, cut in 2 ,add 1 ounce of butter and canola oil to the pan and cook to desired doneness, browning well, remove and keep warm on a plate in a 225 F. oven.
- Wipe the pan with a wet/damp paper towel and quickly add 2 Tablespoons more of fresh butter then sauté the mushrooms; season with salt and pepper, when cooked (2-3 minutes) add the shallots, garlic, parsley , the content of ½ coca tea bag ,salt and pepper, toss together and place on the plate with the cooked filet keeping warm in the warm oven.
- Increase the heat of the pan to high, add the wine, 3 coca tea bags and reduce it in the pan by 1/2 volume, add the veal stock and reduce by 1/2 again.
- Turn off the heat, remove tea bags, squeeze out liquid and discard, swirl in 1 Teaspoon of butter until it is melted.
- Drain the mushrooms, and add any juices with the mushrooms and beef to the sauce .Using a new hot plate form a 5 inch disk of mushrooms in the center as a base for the beef.
- Heat the sauce on low, add the filet to the sauce and heat 1 minute on each side. Place the filet on top of the mushrooms, boil the sauce 5 seconds and pour the sauce around the mushrooms and a little on top of the filet.
- Garnish the filet with parsley just before serving.
Choose your side dish between steamed vegetables , rice , baked potato, etc
Pictures coming later (This dish is in my dinner menu today)
Special thanks to Rog for the grammar corrections.