Mysterious Bolivia Cookies
( Requested By :
½ cup splenda or a mix of honey and splenda ( try to avoid sugar)
6 tablespoons solid vegetable fat or butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 table spoon of strong coca tea ( 3 bags in a cup sited for 5 to 10 minutes)
5 or 6 bags of coca tea
1/2 lime or lemon
1 egg ( I love to add an extra one)
About 2-1/3 cups flour, or enough to make a medium soft dough
- Put fat, salt, liquid coca tea into a bowl, and work with a spoon until creamy.
- Add the splenda gradually, stirring constantly until well creamed and white.
- Use a mortar or food processor to make a fine powder from the coca tea bags and mix it with the flour.
- Mix in the well beaten egg(s), and fold in the flour to a rather soft dough.
- Divide into 2 or 3 pieces so as to be handled more easily, and roll out on a well floured board to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter, lay in baking pan, and bake in a medium oven (325 F) .
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or Silpats and transfer the cookies to the baking sheets.
- Gather the leftover dough and re-roll (and re-chill if necessary) and cut.
- Bake each sheet about 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are firm and just starting to color.
- Rotate each sheet halfway through for more even baking.
- Put cookies on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 weeks.
These cookies are ideal for complementing a healthy diet.
To request a Bolivian recipe email at : MysteriousBolivia@gmail.com