Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Coca Tea, Please?..... I
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis A.L.S.

(Email from Steve)

" I have ALS, aka Lou Gehrig's Disease . For 3 years I have been taking various pain medication for the muscular atrophy and ultimate damage I've suffered through. This disease slowly ravages my body and will slowly kill my ability to use any muscle with only 3 exceptions.
1. My heart
2. My eyelids
3. My genitals
Pharmaceutical pain medication only masks the pain while making it impossible to feel any control over my remaining usable muscles. Late this morning, my friend fixed a mug of the Coca tea from Bolivia and a wonderful thing happened. A sort of wave moved from head to my feet which was like the effect from my pain meds, but so different in that I did not feel drugged. I could feel my good muscles and had normal control of them, but without the pain. I cannot believe your tea can help me feel what billions of dollars spent on medical research could not. For this, I thank you."
-Stephen Osborne

About Steve:
I never heard before about Lou Gehrig's Disease, but when I heard about Steve's case last week, I thought how hard can that be?, God has mysterious ways to test our faith and I should be grateful for everything I have. I remember keeping Steve on my prayers during the weekend and I even dedicated one of my "need a prayer?" on this blog to him and another guy that wrote me the same day with a different health problem. Sometimes is just faith or the desire to believe that motivates our souls and minds and keep them believing and hopping for better things to come. For me , faith is nothing else than the desire of good , not just for ourselves but also for the people we love and beyond that, for the whole world. Faith can change the world and make it a better place.
C.B.R.A.

No comments: