Bolivian Pepper Steak With Coca Tea Rice
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 pound Sirloin steak, in 1" cubes
1 tablespoon of flour
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 large onion, thickly sliced
1 cup beef broth (fat free)
1 cup of red wine
Pinch black pepper
Pinch of powder Locoto (optional)
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash of Soy sauce
1 green pepper cut in slices
1 red pepper cut in slices
- Cook steak in hot oil until well browned on all sides. Place in approximately an 8x12" casserole dish.
- Stir flour into remaining drippings, cook until dark brown, stirring constantly.
- Add mushrooms and onion, and reduce heat to medium, cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in broth, black pepper, Worcestershire, Soy and wine. Heat to boiling.
- Pour the sauce over steak in casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Add green & red peppers and continue to bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, or until steak is fork tender.
- Serve over coca tea rice.
(serves 2 hungry people or 4 normal people)