(Marinated Roast Chicken)
This recipe cooks up a fragrantly marinated chicken with steamed broccoli, asparagus and cauliflower , The tender potatoes are great!
1 glass of dry white wine (pinot grigio OK)
4 cloves garlic, minced or 4 little bags of Bolivian powder garlic
1 tbsp. salt
2 bags of Bolivian black pepper.
2 bags of Bolivian ground cumin
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1/3 cup lime or lemon juice (no seeds!)
1/3 cup orange juice (no seeds)
8 1/2 lb. chicken pieces, well trimmed of all fat and skin
2 lb. potatoes, peeled and cut into large 2- to 3-inch chunks
- In large bowl combine garlic, salt, Bolivian black pepper, Bolivian cumin, and oregano, mix well.
- Add wine, lime and orange juices and stir well. Add chicken pieces, turning them over so that they are well coated with marinade.
- Marinate at least 2 hours room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator
- Assemble equal amounts of chicken pieces onto two large roasting pans or baking dishes.
- Place potatoes between chicken pieces and drizzle with any remaining marinade.
- Cover with aluminum foil and prick foil in two or three places with knife tip.
- You can (optional) top with strips of Poupon Mustard
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven 1 hour and 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake another 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes and broil for 3 minutes.
- Serve with the vegetables and the tender potatoes.
- Optional rice
Typical Bolivian spices now available at our Amazon.com link!