Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bolivian Drinks and Sweets .... IV

Chai Latte
(Serves 2)

Ingredients:
4 Tea Bags of Windsor Spicy Tea ( Available at our Amazon link)
1 1/2 cups of boiling water
1/2 cup of warm milk
1/2 tea spoon of honey
Splenda or sugar to taste
1 oz of heavy cream or Half & Half (optional)
Ground cinnamon for dusting
Whipped cream (optional)

Preparation:

  • Steep the tea in the water for at least 5 minutes.

  • Add the milk and heavy cream, honey and Splenda.

  • Wait a couple of minutes, remove the tea bags, squeeze out liquid and discard.

  • Prewarm two mugs , easy to accomplish, only let some hot water sit for a minute.

  • Pour in your chai latte, add a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of Cinnamon if you like.

  • Serve immediately and enjoy it!

I love tea and I got tired of paying ridiculous amounts of money for a not well prepared beverage that most of the times lacks any flavor. So, After I started importing Bolivian products together with Mysterious Bolivia Stores, I couldn't help my Alchemist and Bartender aspirations and I started to experiment with all the possibilities. Being an Engineer , my passion for number, permutations, combinations and alternatives took me to try different options. I love the Chai Tea in this recipe, it is very spicy and strong, sometimes I just keep it in the refrigerator as a cold any-time drink. I also created several variations playing at my kitchen, one of my favorites is to switch 2 spicy tea bags for 2 coca tea bags, 2 trimate bags or even 2 green tea bags. My last concoction came this past weekend when I ordered some mint tea in a Charlotte's bagel shop because they were out of green jasmine tea, I added one tea bag of spicy tea and one of coca tea ( I always keep in my purse a small collection of Bolivian teas), as much Half & Half as my cup could handle, some Splenda and 5 minutes later I had a great winter tea that definitely helped to warm my body up from the last cold North Carolina's weekend.

Lyeleejoe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Use 5 tea bags instead and wait longer for the tea to brew for a stronger latte.
Delicious!
JK