Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cocayerb Mate
Much has already be said about this fine product (coca tea) and it would be hard to add to all the existing great reviews. I find this excellent product to be complementary to Yerba Mate as well. I combine the two mates by making strong yerba mate sun tea and then steeping the coca tea bags in the first sun tea ( once again in the sun ) making Cocayerb Mate. For my tastes the two work well in concert, I find that the properties of both mates combine nicely. I add a small amount of sugar to my cocayerb mate because I drink it as a dark tea. Cocayerb might be a little intense for those people that don't like coffee due to it's stimulating effects. The speed and efficiency of the Amazon ordering and delivery process is very commendable as well.
By
Mo Bevmo (Central California)

This was a review we recently got for coca tea Windsor at Amazon.com and as curious as we are around here, we decided to try it... I personally love Yerba Mate, my aunt Anita Reyes de Chavez is from the Chaco region in Bolivia near Argentina and one of my brothers and 2 of my sisters live in Yacuiba. Aunt Anita drinks yerba mate 3 or 4 times at day and she used to share her yerba mate with us, she lived at my mom's house for a long time while her daughter went to live China as wife of the Bolivian Ambassador in the 90's.
Unfortunately I like my Yerba mate with tons of sugar and lately sugar has been banned from my diet. Anyway, Splenda is always a good substitute and the "CocaYerb Mate" we prepared was delicious and strong, we used MacMate instead of Windsor, the flakes are bigger and the coca tea stronger; this mix contains natural caffeine from the yerba mate and combined with the alkaloids of the coca tea.... hey... I'll leave it to you to find out the results.
I'll let Lyelee (our tea expert ) get crazy with several mixes and recipes to get a perfect "COCAYERB MATE" ( I even like the name) that we'll post next week, unfortunately it is raining and cloudy in Charlotte and we are not going to get any sunny days this weekend to continue our experiments.
If you have a recipe that you would like to share with us, please email it at: mysteriousbolivia@gmail.com , we'll be glad to post it.
C.B.R.A.

No comments: