Thursday, May 08, 2008

Amazon.com
Coca Tea Reviews

An experience worth having., April 14, 2008
By

Anthony Y. Weaver "East West Hybrid" (Escondido, CA United States) - This tea has a smoothe earthy flavor. It definitely fits into the catagory of organic health foods for its purported nutritional content as well. The energy I personally felt was very subtle, not much like so many dietary supplements and drinks out there that gets one juiced up to the point of jitters. If taken for the first time, a slight numbing sensation can be felt in the mouth and throat areas. The sensitivity to the numbing sensation appears to fade a bit with ongoing consumption. As far as an appetite suppressant for me, it works to a slight degree, probably depending on the amount. According to one coca tea blogspot website, the coca leaf contains 14 alkaloids: Atropine, Inuline, Benzoyne, Reserpine, Cocamine, Conine, Quinoline, Pyridine, Globuline, Hygrine, Papaine, Pectin, Egnonin, and Cocaine--one gram of crushed leaves contains 5.3mg of which only 4.42mg of it is released during a 3 minute steep in 180ml of hot water. Of the listed alkaloids, Cocamine is becoming popular in dietary supplement blends that are geared towards those needing energy for workouts and such. From my personal experience ALRI's Venom Hyperdrive is a good synergistic blend of vitamin b-12, cocamine,hoodia gordinii, etc. that have worked well for me in getting appetite supression and high energy for workouts. By the way, the natives supposedly use a minute amount of an alkalinic additive to enhance the potency (by improving extraction) of the coca leaf's alkaloids. They are little ash/lime balls called Llipita(available online) and they can be pulverized and sprinkled upon your beverage like pinches of salt. Oh, and what a conversation piece--a definite novel-tea!

Great!, September 11, 2007
By

Marcus0263 (Seattle) - See all my reviewsI spent a few weeks in Peru and loved the Coca Tea. I brought some back with me and was bummed that I was almost out. But then I found Amazon has it and life is good again. Coffee gives you the jitters and caffeine actually strips you body of vitamins, none of this with Coca Tea. In truth the Coca Leaf has proteins, vitamins and minerals essential to your body. Ingesting the leaf is NOT addictive and is in fact very healthy. It is a bit expensive but ones health is worth it. Besides the Tea tastes wonderful without side effects like upset stomach, jitters, etc. of caffeine!


Great Coffee/tea substitue!, December 22, 2006
By
William D. Howe "Gator_aide" (El Paso, Texas) - See all my reviews A couple years back I developed an intolerance to caffeine that sent me to the emergency room. I have been seaching for a substitute but nearly every similar product contains varying amounts of caffeine. Even decaf coffees and teas still contan a small amount of the drug. Two months back I ordered two 100 bag boxes of Windsor and it has been a great substitue for my morning coffee. I still miss that kick I got from my morning cup of coffee but that is one experience I do not wish to repeat. Coca tea has a very delicate taste but the taste is enhanced with a small amount of sugar is added. Honey has such a distinctive flavor of its own that it would totally mask the flavor of the coca tea. I spent over two years in Bolivia with the Peace Corps and the tea brings back fond memories of my days in that country. Would I purchase the product again? Yes! In fact, I have already ordered two more boxes.

Mysterious Bolivia service is fast & efficient, July 16, 2007
By

Marc Lamarre "Coca guy" (Montréal, Québec, CANADA) - See all my reviews Product came within 5 working days to Montréal. Solid packaging, fresh & delicious coca tea. Most potent 100% natural, non addictive anorectic agent ever created by Mother Nature... Forget Weig. Watc. Atkins & all other methods or/and chemical produces... Coca tea is the only thing to help you skip a meal from time to time.... Too bad the canadian government is too dumb to allow this safe product legally into the country!

So Much Better than Coffee, February 13, 2007
By

Arqueologia (United States) - See all my reviewsI fell in love with coca tea while doing research in highland Peru, and I love that it's available in the US. The other reviewer is right, it really does have a distinctive, delicate taste and I also prefer it piping hot with a little sugar, although my husband wants to try it iced. This is a must-have for tea drinkers, and it's quite lovely in that it gives a nice pick-me-up with no aftereffects like caffeine.

Mate de Coca, September 5, 2007
By
Ashley Rush "ashleythedevil" - See all my reviews Great smoky flavor. Seems quite fresh. Packaging is high quality - bags never fall apart. I also like the energy pick me up in the morning. It keeps me awake if I drink it at night. It does, in fact, seem to aid digestion, especially at high altitudes. Overall, it's what I was expecting. A good substitute for the fresh leaves I had in Peru!

Excellent tea., March 8, 2007
By
Macao (San Francisco) - See all my reviewsExcellent Tea, fairly fine grind, good flavor, quick steeping. Also, very prompt delivery.

Windsor , mate De Coca, September 11, 2007
By
Mo Bevmo (central California) - See all my reviewsMuch has already be said about this fine product and it would be hard to add to all the existing great reviews. I find this excellent product to be complementary to Yerba Mate as well. I combine the two mates by making strong yerba mate sun tea and then steeping the coca tea bags in the first sun tea ( once again in the sun ) making Cocayerb Mate. For my tastes the two work well in concert, I find that the properties of both mates combine nicely. I add a small amount of sugar to my cocayerb mate because I drink it as a dark tea. Cocayerb might be a little intense for those people that don't like coffee due to it's stimulating effects. The speed and efficiency of the Amazon ordering and delivery process is very commendable as well.

better than coffee!, April 5, 2008
By

Brian Fello - See all my reviews this is my first time having coca tea and let me tell you it is 10x better than coffee. no jitters and it keeps me alert! thank you for the great product!!!!!!!


Great for reducing coffee intake!, April 30, 2008
By
Albert Swearingen "Al" (Sturgis, South Dakota) - See all my reviewsI tried this product hoping to find something to reduce my coffee intake. People need to realize that this is in no way anything like what some may think. It's too bad that products like this have a negative reputation just because of what it has been turned into in the past. There are so many health benefits to drinking this tea including vitamins and minerals that it is packed full of. Take a look at how much a cup of this tea contains, it is staggering. It's like taking a multi-vitamin in every cup that you can acually absorb, unlike a pill. Plus, I would have not been able to get off of coffee without it. I was having heart issues when I was still drinking coffee. Now that I've switched to this tea, I don't have any issues anymore. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it has worked for me and others that I have introduced it to. Imagine getting the wake up component of coffee without getting any anxiety or gitters, not to mention the headaches from not having a cup of "Joe" every morning. That is the best way to describe it. Plus, It just makes you feel better, like taking something like St. John's Wort. I have gone days, weeks and months without this tea after drinking it everyday and have never felt even close to a craving for it, unlike our "harmless" everyday cup of coffee. Not to mention, Bolivia Stores has always provided great service and superior products for a very reasonable price.

Great alternative to coffee, May 30, 2007
By

Samurai "Samurai" (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviewsThis tea is a nice alternative to coffee. I do not like the jitters that coffee gives; Windsor Tea however, is a nice pick me up without the nervousness. Don't worry! It's completely legal. Very prompt service-- great professionalism.

excellent product, March 31, 2008
By

e.t. "hardcore internet shopper" (Broke Down Town USA) - See all my reviewsWOW!! Great taste, good alternative to caffine tea, does not get bitter when you leave the bag in the hot water for a long time like regular tea. Nothing negative to say about this product!! Works for me.

High grade coca, April 30, 2008
By
ChrisC "ChrisC" (California) - See all my reviewsThis brand of coca has a unique organic flavor and very high quality, unlike the other S American brands I have tried which were good, but the difference in quality with MacMate is obvious. This is claimed to be organic and pesticide free and the flavor is richer and more pungent. Hopefully this review wont get to Carol Blenda's head to the point where she becomes more stuck up than she already is.

Healthy Herbal Alternative, May 3, 2008
By

Petrarch "Lifeguard Guy" (Idaho) - See all my reviewsProduct is great, received it last week not knowing what to think. I enjoy herbal teas, esp. chamomile, and thought I'd give this tea a try. However, almost anything that is said to energize I won't touch as I would rather feel sluggish than feel jittery however I had also read good reviews about this tea as far as it lacking of some of caffeine's less pleasant effects. Opening the package it has a distinctive earthy, herbal scent which seems closest to catnip to me (don't be too turned off by that, catnip is in the mint family and is found in many herbal sleep/nighttime teas). When brewed as a light tea it takes on some cues of peppermint, while become deeper and more earthy out of an espresso machine both in color and taste(in fact coming out you probably would have no idea it wasn't espresso it is so rich and dark, and even slightly creamy, until you notice the greenish tinge.) Tea was excellent, none of the jitters of coffee and yet I was definitely more energized in a mental sort of way, with none of the physical side effects I associate with "energizing" stimulants, although I understand it can be useful for stamina as well. Also my chronic back pain didn't bother me the rest of the evening which if continues would be enough reason to drink everyday. Later on I had no problem going to sleep. Lastly, the herb is apparently very healthful, w/ studies showing it full of vitamins and nutrients and its potential as a supplement to one's diet. The coca flour is also good for baked goods such as pasta, breads, and even puddings I understand. Seems this tea would taste esp. great with a chamomile/mint/coca infusion or something citrus. Again, great product and unexpected.

everything and more!, November 29, 2007
By

Transman "TMAN" (AZ) - See all my reviewsall qualities of the leaves are felt. wife said her heart raced after consuming 1/2 a cup, but i added lime to activate the properties. awesome product. (used 2 bags) would buy again, and will... but i want to try the other brands first! ;-)

Coca Tea Delisse, January 21, 2008
By

Michael Winn "Jackie (Mike's better half)" (USA) - See all my reviews I would recommend this tea to all. It had a wonderful full-bodied taste that I was not expecting. It also gave me some much needed energy. It has replaced coffee most of the time as the effect is a little different and does not make me nearly as nervous as coffee. Great stuff!!

coca de mate tea, delicious!, April 22, 2008
By

scribble "vurt seeker" (campbell, ca) - See all my reviewsi, probably like most people reading this page about this product, thought there was no way it would provide the benefits the package says. relief from headaches, appetite suppressant, wakefulness, feeling of wellbeing are all said to come about by drinking the tea. i brewed up tea in near boiling water with 2 teabags, and let it steep for over and hour to cool down. i then poured the tea in a glass with ice, so in effect it was ice tea. a pleasant taste not unlike green tea, and i'll be darned if my mouth felt numb! i was thirsty so i drank it rather quick, and pretty soon, my daily afternoon caffeine crash was lifted with my headache and just felt like it was a very nice day. went to my cubicle and got to work and time seemed to fly. it was like a very strong espresso but without the jittery effects of the caffiene. my friend made some with 4 teabags, with a larger amount of water so he could make 2 cups. he wound up drining it himself over the course of the afternoon and he was, in his words 'feeling great, able to concentrate, focus, and it made normally bad parts of work just fly by'... i hear you can chew the leaves too for a stronger effect but you have to use baking soda to release the alkaloids. however, there is very little, to such a small amount of cocaine (less than .08%). not sure were the energy seems to come from. but i would take this over a 64oz MT.dew, or a double/triple espresso anyday. no sugar crash, no headaches, and it doesn't make you stay up all nite, or kill your apatite. this is a great tasting tea that is definitely something people should try if they are allergic or otherwise avoid caffeine.

Great product., May 6, 2008
By

R. Wells "AZPHATMAN" (MESA, AZ United States) - See all my reviews All I can say is that I love this stuff. I use two bags along with one bag of Green Tea in the morning with breakfast and it provides me with loads of energy. Warning, If I drink it after 1:00 PM it keeps me awake most of the night so use care if you want to get any sleep and use it at breakfast.

Delicious + Effective, February 18, 2008
By

Cailan Su "-lh" - See all my reviews Great shipping -- 3 days earlier than expected! Careful packaging too! The product -- it tasted great and fresh. The aroma was fragrant, and when I drank the tea, I did feel invigorated with a loss of appetite. Works like a charm for those horrible 3am problem sets!

This stuff is a gift from God, November 11, 2007
By

Kenneth Magerman "Ken Magerman" (Kalamazoo MI) - See all my reviews I don't know how I functioned before I found this magical stuff....it's like being up 4 to nothing in the second inning......everyday.....sometimes I still loose the game....but up 4 nothing in the second inning...i like my odds :)

Aloe - Coca works!, November 8, 2007
By

D. Cole (NC - USA) - See all my reviews 20 tea bags dropped in one gallon of 100% Pure Aloe Vera Natural Juice with every meal, snacks also ( do not cheat! tastes bitter but works) helps with those hard to lose extra pounds, I saw results after two weeks.

The best tasting coca teas available, August 26, 2007
By
Marc Lamarre "Coca guy" (Montréal, Québec, CANADA) - See all my reviews Of all the brands available, Macmate tastes really fresher than others. The color in the cup is light green, a good sign of freshness. The smell is also profund, fruty and crip. If you order directly from south american avoid Delisse brand coming mainly from Ecuador: horrible stuff! Marc Lamarre,Montréal, CANADA

Wow, December 11, 2007
By

Chastity Arnold - See all my reviews I have never tried coca tea before, but I have many severe bouts of depression. I can't take any medications for it. I drink this twice a day brewing for 10 minutes each, and I can't believe I have not had one bout of depression. This stuff is amazing! It tastes great alone, or what I do is put some raw sugar in it. Anyone suffering from depression should definitely try this!! Also I have chronic bloating from IBS; my stomach hasn't felt this good in ages. Thank you for this wonderful product!

Thank the gods for this tea, October 17, 2007
By

Kenneth Magerman "Ken Magerman" (Kalamazoo MI) - See all my reviews Drinking this tea in the morning before you go to work is like being up 4 to nothing in the 2nd inning.....yes sometimes I still lose the game....but being up 4 nil every morning I win far more then i lose.

Macmate is it!, September 29, 2007
By

starlight - See all my reviewsAs far as coca tea goes, this is it. Macmate has a subtle green color, an aromatic grassy scent and a refreshing herby flavor. I found it really has many of the attributes it is credited with, and the new resealable packaging helps to keep it fresher for longer than individual paper wraps. I have just received my second delivery, and I will order again, and again, and again...

Rich and wonderfully fragrant, October 15, 2007
By
D. Cole (NC - USA) - See all my reviews I have read a lot of good reviews about coca teas and Bolivia Stores, and finally got the chance to try one of their teas. I have to say that I'm not disappointed. This is a very good tea! When I opened the air-tight bag, a strong aroma of Andes rushed out. This is one of the more complex teas I have had the pleasure to taste and this deep and rich tea is one I would certainly recommend.

Good Stuff, January 8, 2008
By

Kelly C. Pierce (Stephenville, Texas) - See all my reviews I originaly ordered this by mistake, but I decided to try it, and loved it, even the sample packs they sent with it were great, which I may order next time for tast, dont take me the wrong way this tasts good too. I just personaly liked the ciminon and lime and limon tast better. Personaly after trying this I would like to travel to boliva and try the real stuff instead of the export quaility stuff for the usa. dont get me wrong the export quality is good tea, its just if this tea is this good I wounder what the better tea is like that dosent have U.S.A. restrictions on it.

Non of this reviews were edited, you can go to Amazon.com and check the original reviews under our products and coca teas, we just wanted to put them all together to help our customers. That way they have the chance to get an imput away from what we publish at this blog. We encourage our customers to write a review and share their thought to other customers.
Reyes Avila, LLC

No comments: